Why We Are Different
We only sell produce with genuine sustainability credentials
Any producers selling through our online market have been through our own vetting procedure. We work with both certified organic producers and also those who have satisfied us that they are genuinely already working to high sustainability and animal welfare standards. If you would like to learn more about the methods of any of our producers, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
All our fresh produce is local
All of our producers are based within Devon, or the borders of Cornwall and Somerset. We prioritise fresh produce with the lowest food miles. Some of our produce will be in your home on the same day it was picked.
We are supporting small and start-up food producers
85% of what you pay goes straight to the producer, helping them to have a viable business. Any surplus made by Good Food Exeter is invested back into the business or donated to support the work of Food Exeter charity – we are a ‘not for profit’ business.
We work toward low carbon and low waste
We take minimising our negative impacts seriously. For example :
- We are keeping packaging to a minimum thanks to our weekly bulk delivery of food
- Once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, we will use reusable boxes and bags. In the meantime we are using paper bags made from sustainably managed forests.
- We are exploring ways to offer low carbon delivery e.g. using electric cargo bikes
- We facilitate delivery sharing between producers to minimise traffic into Exeter
- We encourage our customers to walk and cycle to pick up their orders